An Adult Dating Guide to Being on the Rebound

1:30 AM / Posted by datesforsex11 /


I have to admit that guys say girls are easier to hook up with when they’re on the rebound. A rebound occurs when someone has broken up, or even if that person is still in an adult dating relationship. People are considered to be on the rebound when they are hurting, or if they’ve decided that the relationship is about to come to a close.

Those who are released back into the dating “wild” can react in a variety of ways. They can be like that guy in the movie “Shawshank Redemption” where he’s gotten used to staying in prison that he couldn’t live any other way. I’m not saying that being in a relationship is like prison; what I mean is living in a relationship is different from living single. If you get too comfortable being in a long-term adult dating relationship, you might find yourself very confused when it ends, prompting you to seek companionship at any cost.

In my case, I react the other way when I get released back into the wild: I take time to reflect and try not to hook up or be involved with anybody for a while. I’ve heard that women do this as well. A girl’s friend told me: “She’s not looking for anything as of this moment. She got out of a long-term relationship that just ended recently.”

Just a few days ago, I felt sad to hear that a friend had been hooking up with a lot of random guys. I arranged to meet her in a bar and watched her as she scanned the crowd eagerly. I told her it was okay to go home alone once in a while, but she started to argue with me. After more arguing, I pushed her to see if she could give me a good reason for her recent behavior, until she finally said: “I’m still in love with my ex boyfriend.”

There you have it, the truth. So here was a friend on a major rebound. Eventually, that night, a shady looking dude came slithering in, and then they both went home together. Apparently, the two have been out adult dating for a bit, but of course, this wasn’t meant to be.

A successful relationship involves two people acting selflessly without ulterior motives. And all the random hookups happen when one of, or both of, the people involved just need someone because they are on the rebound.

The rebound asks this question: Is it possible that a woman choose to be with me, not because she’s into me, but because she needs me at the time our paths cross? Does it really matter to her who I am at all?

Labels: , , , ,

0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento